Thursday, May 8, 2014

'Round Here

I know I've been slacking on the blog. Things have just somehow, mysteriously and suddenly, gotten very busy around here! It's all I can do to get a Friday update posted each week. 

Anyway, I thought today I'd just give you a mish-mash update of what's been going on around here. Read on if you're interested!

First of all, Ted and I have both been grading a lot of papers and working hard to finish up classes before the end of the semester (next week!!!). 

In addition to work, we're also becoming quite social around here. :) We've befriended our neighbors, and as the weather warms up we've been having impromptu backyard parties, complete with grilling and corn hole (more on that later, in case you're wondering what in the heck that is). 

So there's work and play, and plenty of the day-to-day stuff like cooking, cleaning, and cuddling with kittens. Oh, and trying to get into a workout routine. Why is it so hard?? I've been pretty good about doing yoga every other day or so, but the running... well... Let's talk more about yoga.

Moving the coffee table and rolling up the rug makes for quite a nice yoga studio right here at home:


On the days I don't work with my Russian tutee, I've been following videos from myyogaonline.com. (Thanks for the tip, B!)


I'm also managing to get some small projects done here and there. Mostly, it's been planting and yard work; 'tis the season, right? Today I started planting some Gladiolus bulbs in the front yard. I got six in the ground before I was too hot and had to come inside. The bag of 50 bulbs says to plant new ones every two weeks anyway, in order to have blooms throughout the summer. 



Although I don't know what they're talking about with this 'summer' business... the bag informs me that these babies take 80-90 days to bloom! I'm sure I'll appreciate the effort in... August. Whomp whomp...

Hopefully at that point my yard will look like this:


I also planted some herbs and Columbines:

I've since added thyme to this garden as well.


And this afternoon my plan is to hang some artwork. 

What an exciting life we lead here in Ohio!! 

Sarcasm aside, though, the title of this blog reminds me that while I am here my goal is to 'reset' - work toward balance, improve my attitude, gain a fresh perspective on life... So, while our day-to-day life may not be exciting, it is definitely good, with many things to be grateful for.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment