Thursday, February 27, 2014

Cleanse Day 4

I made it through my cravings yesterday, and today I'm feeling much better about the cleanse.

For one thing, my jeans feel loose, even fresh from the dryer! I doubt I've lost any weight, but some of my day-to-day bloat is gone. You know, the bloat that comes from eating cheese, drinking wine, and gorging on bagels?

Also, my appetite feels really different today. I'm not as hungry, and it takes less food to fill me up. I feel like I'm re-discovering my correct portion sizes. Living with Ted, it's really easy for me to overeat -  I usually find myself splitting dinner evenly between the two of us. But honestly, do we look like two similarly sized people who should be eating similar amounts?

Obviously, no.

Luckily, on the Cleanse, you can eat as many fruits and vegetables as you want. No worries.

Both Ted and I did have weak moments today; we talked it out on the phone, though, and we both stayed strong! It's nice to have someone to cleanse with - for support.

I haven't decided yet if I'm/we're going to do the optional purification days this weekend. During most of the cleanse, lean animal protein is allowed, but during purification you eat only vegetables and fruits with 2 Tbs of oil per day. I think I'm going to wait and see how I feel tomorrow before I decide!

In case you're wondering, the photo is from Holloko Castle in Hungary. We were there in… 2009, I think. "Throwback Thursday"

No comments:

Post a Comment