1. Eye exam - Sigh. I went to my LASIK consultation after leaving my contacts out for 1 week. Unfortunately, my corneas appear to be misshapen from 20 years of contact wear. So, the appointment was cut short, and I have to go back on October 31. That means a whole MONTH more in my glasses.
It's not so bad. I'm getting used to it. The biggest issue is working out. When I run, I start to sweat, and my glasses slowly start to slide off my face. This just means I can't run outside. If I stay on the treadmill, I can take my glasses off without fear of running into anything. :)
2. Hair Style - Yes, I know, the midwest curl was not such a big deal. I've since washed that (artificial) curl right outta my hair. And voila:
straight or curly
A little less pageant queen, a little more Mackenzie.
3. And, while we're updating, let's check in with those goals I set back in August -
1. Be more positive (and nicer). Well, still a work in progress.
2. Get a smart phone. Still hasn't happened yet...
5. Make over our kitchen table. I'm doing a few small projects first, to warm up. I'm hoping to have this one done by Thanksgiving.
7. Learn to sew! I bought a sewing table. It's a start.
9. Start an exercise routine. Still working on this one... We've got a rec center membership, at least!
10. Maybe trade in my mountain bike for a cute little cruiser. With a handlebar basket. Maybe in the spring...
11. Plant a container garden of vegetables. Missed the season for this one.
12. Learn to play the guitar. Yeah, not so much...
14. De-clutter. Simplify. Forever a work in progress, it seems... At least we have a basement for storage!
How are you doing on your goals?