Friday, April 25, 2014

Top Five for Friday



Happy Friday, everyone! Phew! We made it.


1.  The first thing to celebrate this Friday is my stellar report from my eye doctor. I had my 5 month appointment (since LASIK), and he says everything looks divine. I'm still experiencing some dryness and a little 'refraction' (doctor's word, not mine), but he says they look great, and more importantly, I can see!


2.  I made a delicious salad on Tuesday with a bunch of leftovers from the fridge. The more I cook at home, the more comfortable I get with just throwing stuff together and experimenting. I piled up romaine, black beans, avocado, salsa, and some crushed blue corn tortilla chips, and I made a 'Southwest' dressing with sour cream, lime juice, chopped cilantro, minced garlic, and a little salt and sugar. Mmm mmm mm! It was delish. 

Sorry the picture's not totally appetizing. I had already begun to dig in
when I thought, "This salad's so good, I should take a picture!"


3.  Look at my baby girl out enjoying the sunshine. What would the weekly highlights be without a cat picture?


Minnie loves the grass, the sun, and rolling in the dirt, and I love watching her enjoy the outside world. She also stalks bumble bees. So cute.


4.  Check it out, y'all!! We have bloomage.


When I bought these air plants, I didn't even know they bloomed! This was a fun little surprise this week.


5.  I started tutoring a Russian girl about a month ago. I teach her English, and she teaches me yoga (and then I help her with her English yoga vocabulary). It's been a nice little exchange, and today we went on a field trip to JC Penny to practice her shopping vocabulary. I got a new pair of (very, very much needed) running shoes, and my tutee made it through checkout all by herself. Yessss! High five!


So those were some highlights from this week. It wasn't the most exciting week, and I did a TON of driving (to the airport, to work, to JC Penny...), but the point of these Friday posts is to focus on the positive! So we won't complain too much about that... ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment