Friday, April 11, 2014

High Five for Friday

I'm gonna try something new this week. I've seen other bloggers link up to this "High Five for Friday" thing where you share 5 highlights from your week. I figure this will be a good way to keep the positive energy flowing!

So here are my "high five" for the week:

1.  Ted's been at a conference in Tampa all week, which is sad cuz I'm alone. But the 'high' part is that I get the whole bed to myself! And since there's so much extra room, both cats have been sleeping with me every night. It's a rare treat to have them both in the bed at the same time. :)

Milo's new favorite game is "Catch the mysterious moving thing under the covers."
We can't go to sleep until we've played for at least a few minutes.

2.  The sun is out and it's 70 degrees! 'Nuf said.

3.  I bought two seed packets of mixed wildflowers. One is a Butterfly Mix to encourage butterflies to come to our yard, and the other is a Bee Mix to attract honey bees (if there are any left). I can't wait to plant them!

4.  There's a new guilty reading pleasure in my life... Vampire Academy. I'm so ashamed. But with my extra alone time this week I've finished the 2nd and 3rd books in the series, and I've really enjoyed reading fluffy teenage literature for hours on end. I can't wait for my hold on the 4th book to come through at the library...

UPDATE: Turns out the library had book #4 and book #5 on the hold shelf for me. Joy!

Minnie likes trashy literature, too.

5.  Sunday is my birthday, and Ted will be home! We will go out to brunch and eat French toast stuffed with honey nut cream cheese and topped with strawberries. It is decided. (I know technically that's next week, but I don't care. Maybe I'll have more birthday highlights to post in next Friday's high five!)


That's it! I might try to make this a weekly post.  You can read more High Fives here.

No comments:

Post a Comment