1. Our neighbors just happened to host a backyard BBQ on my birthday, since it was 75 degrees and sunny last Sunday. Then we woke up to snow on Tuesday. What, am I back in Boulder or something?
2. Since it was so cold on Monday night, I made a big pot of Red & Black Chili with all the fixins' (and a fresh salad, of course). Mmmm mmm mmm!
3. There is an IKEA only 45 minutes from our house. Growing up in Portland, the nearest IKEA was 3 hours away, in Seattle. My mom and I would make a weekend trip of going there. Now I can pop on over to IKEA whenever I want, which I did yesterday. :) Got myself some new plant pots and gardening tools.
|The green one is an old herb pot from Crate&Barrel. The white ones are from IKEA.|
|This is my new favorite cactus. She's got spunk.|
4. Watching Milo (and Minnie) run home when I call him. Notice how puffed up their tails are when they arrive at our back door.
5. Last but definitely not least, I got the day off today because my students went on a field trip to Nashville! Woot!
So that's my Top 5 for this week. There were other good moments sprinkled in there, like the light from a tiny window hitting my potted plant perfectly:
... and receiving a BIG birthday box in the mail.
|unraveling all that bubble wrap was fun|
If you want to read other Friday Top Fives, you can click here and scroll to the bottom. BTW, the girl you hosts the High Five for Friday also has an orange cat named Milo, whom she posted about today. :)