Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Book Review: The Rosie Project

Today I thought I would recommend a book for you. Rarely do I sit down and read an entire book in one sitting, but yesterday I did exactly that!


Ted was down with a 24-hour stomach bug all day, so between ginger ale deliveries and pillow adjustments I sat on the couch and read a book. A whole book!

It's called The Rosie Project, and it's written by Australian author Graeme Simsion. I heard about it on NPR a few months ago when they were previewing an upcoming author event in Cincinnati. At roughly 300 pages, it's an easy read, like watching a movie.

In fact, it was originally written as a screenplay, so it actually does feel like watching a movie as you read it.

It's clear from the first page that the main character, Don, is an adult on the autism spectrum. He reminds me so much of Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory that that's pretty much who I pictured in my mind as I read this.

Just do your best to ignore that improperly placed comma. 

The plot follows Don as he tries to find the perfect wife for himself using a data-driven questionnaire that he developed. Then he meets Rosie, who is absolutely the opposite of what he is looking for, and you can pretty much guess what happens from there. However, there is a simultaneous plot that evolves surrounding Rosie, which I will leave secret. ;)

It's a cute story and an easy read, so if you're looking for a nice no-brainer to read on the weekends or an upcoming vacation, consider picking up a copy of The Rosie Project!


P.S. There is a tiny bit of foul language in the book, so if you're turned off by that, well, I guess skip this one. But you'll be missing out! :)

P.P.S. Ted is feeling much better today, in case you were wondering. I just dropped him off at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment